Attorneys for People Injured in Illinois Highway Accidents
Chicago is home to some of the most trafficked and congested highways in the nation and the volume and speed of vehicles traveling these roads can create the potential for catastrophic injuries. Whenever motorists are harmed in preventable highway accidents, Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers is able to help the victims recover the compensation they need for the cost of their extensive medical treatment, rehabilitative therapy, lost wages and other out of pocket expenses. These costs can be considerable when victims are involved in high speed collisions, which is why we explore all legal avenues available to ensure that our clients receive the maximum amount of compensation allowed under law.
Speed is a Factor in Accidents Involving Serious Injury
Excessive speeds are often the cause of accidents and can lead to more severe injuries and many fatalities have been attributed to high speed collisions. Highway drivers are often in a hurry and drive faster than limits would allow them to. To exacerbate their risk of being involved in an accident, they may also follow too closely to the vehicle in front of them, greatly reducing the amount of reaction time they have in the event they need to avoid a collision. Those who follow the speed limit often become the victims of tailgating and aggressive drivers who take reckless measures to get ahead in the flow of traffic.
Other Causes of Highway Auto Accidents
While speed is a large contributing factor to the severity of injuries suffered during highway accidents, it is not the sole cause of these types of accidents. Our Chicago auto injury lawyers have represented clients whose injuries were sustained in a wide variety of accident types. Some of the common causes of highway injuries can include the following.
- Driver fatigue. Chicago is the center of one of the largest transportation hubs on the continent and many of the drivers traveling its roads are commercial truck drivers who are overworked and operating on a minimal amount of rest. These drivers are in control of vehicles capable of massive amounts of devastation and their decision to continue driving while tired can change an innocent person’s life in a moment.
- Driver distraction. Whether it is due to texting or talking on the phone or choosing to put makeup on during the middle of rush hour, drivers that attempt to multitask while operating a vehicle are placing everyone around them at risk. The majority of car accidents are the result of some form of driver distraction on part of at least one of the drivers involved.
- The influence of alcohol and drugs. Drunk driving is the cause of almost one-third of auto-related fatalities. Recreational drug use also contributes to many accidents, but many drivers are under the influence of medications that contain ingredients that impair their ability to drive as well. Cold and allergy medicines may contain alcohol, amphetamines or other ingredients that can cause drowsiness, delay reaction times and cause other impairments.
- Hazardous road conditions. The roads in Chicago seem like they are constantly being repaired. The presence of potholes or debris can cause tire blowouts or make drivers lose control of their vehicles at high speeds. Inclement weather can also contribute to accidents by limiting visibility or increasing the distance required for vehicles to come to a stop.
- Mechanical failures or defects. When commercial trucks are not maintained properly, it can result in failures that cause their drivers to lose control of their vehicles. Cars and SUVs can suffer mechanical failures as well and when a driver’s brakes or steering doesn’t work properly, it can be the cause of an accident.
- Reckless driving. Drivers who drive aggressively in heavy traffic or that are prone to road rage are a danger to everyone around them. Their actions are careless and greatly increase their risk of being involved in an accident.
Lawyers You Can Count on to Maximize Your Recovery for Injuries Sustained in an Illinois Highway Accident
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers has access to professionals in multiple areas of expertise such as medicine, accident reconstruction and economics who can assist in providing an accurate assessment of how much compensation will be required to cover the entire cost of your physical recover and the replacement of your damaged property. We have helped thousands of clients recover the damages they needed to pay for expensive medical care and rehabilitation and to cover the cost of their lost wages and out of pocket expenses.
Contact us today to arrange a free consultation with one of our award winning Chicago car accident attorneys to learn how we can maximize the value of your case and ensure the greatest chance of a successful financial recovery. We will be happy to review your legal options with you in the setting of your choice and answer any questions that you have about the legal process so that you know exactly what you can expect. Since we work solely on a contingency basis, you are also guaranteed that you will never be required to pay an attorney’s fee unless we are able to secure damages on your behalf.