Attorneys for People Injured in Chicago Car Accidents at Intersections
Accidents at intersections always have the potential to cause very serious injuries to everyone involved, especially when the at-fault driver disobeys a traffic control device or move into the path of an oncoming vehicle. The Chicago car accident attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers represent the needs and interests of those who have suffered bodily harm and financial loss due to the actions of negligent drivers. Studies have shown that as many as nine out of ten auto accidents that have occurred could have been prevented and it is for this reason that reckless and irresponsible drivers should be held liable for the harm caused by their actions.
Accidents at Intersections are common and Deadly
Collisions occurring at intersections are highly common, especially among elderly drivers who have diminished depth perception and reaction times. The number of left turn accidents resulting in serious injuries has even prompted some cities to implement the use of traffic circles in the planning of their roadways in order to limit the number of left turns motorists will be forced to make. Left turns are not the only cause of collisions at intersections, however. Other causes include the following.
- Motorists running red lights or not obeying traffic control devices. When combined with excessive speeds, these violations can result in very serious accidents that threaten the lives of innocent victims that happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
- Multi-car accidents. Fender benders at intersections have the potential to become destructive and devastating to the numerous motorists involved. If the car that was initially struck is pushed into the intersection, it can collide with other vehicles and set off a chain reaction of accidents.
- Distracted driving. When drivers choose to text or talk on the phone while driving, they are unaware of how they are jeopardizing the safety of those around them. A simple glance away from the road can cause the driver to miss a stop sign, run a light or head into oncoming traffic at an intersection.
- The influence of drugs and alcohol. There is no excuse for drunk driving, but many drivers are unaware of how the medications they take impact their driving. Cough syrup and allergy medicines can cause drowsiness or delay reaction time. Some cold medications even contain alcohol. It is important that drivers take responsibility for what they put in their bodies prior to getting behind the wheel of a vehicle.
Common Injuries Sustained in Intersection-Related Crashes
Our Chicago auto injury lawyers have helped many clients recover compensation for the treatment of many different types of injuries. Accidents at intersections have the potential to result in life threatening injuries or to leave victims with physical or mental impairments they must live with for the rest of their lives. Some of the common and serious injuries suffered in these accidents include the following.
- Traumatic brain injuries. Recent studies have uncovered a strong link between serious neurological disorders and untreated trauma to the head. Many of the injuries that the brain suffers go asymptomatic for a long time before the first effects begin to manifest themselves. Loss of cognitive function, speech, memory and motor skills are some of the long term effects of these injuries.
- Injuries to the spine or neck. Depending on the severity, a spinal injury can be the cause of a lot of pain and limit the ability of the victim’s mobility. In the most serious cases, the victim may suffer temporary or permanent paralysis.
- Lacerations, puncture wounds and disfigurement. Metal, glass and debris can cut deep into the skin and cause deep tissue damage. These wounds can leave unsightly scars or become infected, forcing doctors to amputate the affected limb in order to save the patient. In other cases, the wounds may make it impossible for doctors to repair or restore the affected limb or digits.
- Broken or shattered bones. The massive force and power that are displaced during an accident can greatly damage the human body. It is not uncommon for accident victims to suffer one or more fractures through the course of an accident. Fractures vary in severity and form and may require extensive care to set back in place so that the bones will heal.
Get Help Now for Injuries Sustained in a Chicago Intersection Crash
If you have been in an accident, Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers can help you recover the compensation you require to receive the specialized medical care that you deserve so that you can move forward with your life. We have recovered damages on behalf of thousands of clients like you and have the resources and experience needed to ensure you have the greatest chances of a successful recovery.
Contact us today to arrange a free consultation and case review with one of our award-winning Chicago car accident attorneys so that we can review your legal options in the setting of your choice. Our lawyers will only receive a fee if we are able to successfully negotiate a settlement on your behalf or win a court judgment in your favor. If we fail to do so for any reason at all, you are ensured that our services will be free of charge.