Attorneys for People Injured in Joliet Car Accidents
The Joliet car accident attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers are deeply committed to representing the legal interests of anyone who has been injured in an auto accident caused by the negligent actions of another motorist. We understand the pain and frustration that you may be enduring as you attempt to recover from your injuries and that the financial burden of mounting medical bills and time lost from work only make things worse. It is always our goal to help our clients receive the treatment and rehabilitative therapy that they need while making sure that they receive the compensation they are entitled to so that they can focus on getting well.
Deadly Auto Accidents in Joliet
Joliet is one of the largest cities in Illinois and its location makes it a part of one of the largest transportation hubs in the country. The constant flow of traffic through the city via I-55 and I-80 increases the risk that local drivers will become involved in accidents with the millions of interstate travelers that pass through the city each year. One of these accidents involved a 47-year-old man who died on April 10, 2015 when his car was crushed by a semi-tractor. The semi had rested completely on top of the victim’s vehicle before the driver was able to back away.
Later in the year, an 86-year-old man was killed on September 11 when he made a left turn into the path of an oncoming vehicle. The woman who hit him did everything in her power to avoid the collision, but didn’t have the distance or time to evade the accident. Left turns are notoriously dangerous for elderly drivers who have difficulty gauging the distance and speed of oncoming vehicles.
An incident on December 23, 2015 proved that nature and inexperience can also become factors in an auto accident when an 18 year old woman attempted to avoid boulders that had fallen into the roadway and fell twelve feet off of a cliff into a river below. The driver did not have a license and was charged with driving without insurance, improper display of registration and driving without a valid driver’s license.
Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Joliet, IL
Our Joliet auto injury lawyers are quick to point out that nine out of every ten auto accidents are preventable. This means that one or more drivers involved in the vast majority of accidents are negligent in some way and that they could have taken measures to avoid or reduce the severity of the accident in the events leading up to the collision. The most common causes of accidents include the following.
- Driver fatigue or inadequate rest. Commercial truck drivers are often forced to work excessive hours and fail to receive the rest required to ensure they can operate their vehicles in a safe manner. Driving while fatigued hinders reaction time and eye and hand coordination in a manner similar to driving while under the influence of alcohol or sedative medications.
- Driver distraction. Texting or using mobile devices while driving is actually more dangerous than driving while intoxicated and the release of more advanced smart technologies is causing more drivers to take to the roads while dividing their attention among multiple tasks. The time spent reading or composing a text message or shuffling through media files on a mobile music player take the driver’s attention off the road and can result in a deadly accident.
- Driver intoxication. The influence of drugs and alcohol is still a major concern despite valiant efforts to raise public awareness to the dangers of operating a vehicle while under the influence. Many drunk drivers do not consider how difficult it is to life with oneself after ending a life or causing serious injuries to another person due to an irresponsible decision until it is too late.
- Driver inexperience. Driving is a skill that requires years of practice to master and younger drivers are more prone to act in a reckless manner than adults. It is for this reason that teenage drivers are at such a high risk of being involved in fatal accidents.
- Elderly drivers. As drivers age, they begin to lose the abilities they once had and the changes occur over such a long period of time that many older drivers believe they are still able to drive safely even though they lack the abilities they once had. This can result in accidents due to diminished depth perception or vision and hearing loss.
Get Legal Help From Trusted Joliet Car Accident Lawyers
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers has years of experience and a track record of success helping those who have been injured in auto accidents. If you have been injured in an accident that was the result of another driver’s careless or reckless behavior, you may be entitled to compensation to cover the cost of your medical care and related expenses. Contact us today to arrange a free consultation and case review with one of our award winning Joliet car accident attorneys so that we can review your legal options with you and collect the information we need to get to work on your behalf. If for any reason we are unable to secure compensation on your behalf, our services will be free of charge.
For more information on other Illinois cities we serve and the applicable laws, please visit:
Aurora Car Accident Lawyers
Champaign Car Accident Lawyers
Elgin Car Accident Lawyers
Peoria Car Accident Lawyers
Rockford Car Accident Lawyers
Springfield Car Accident Lawyers
Waukegan Car Accident Lawyers