Peoria Car Accident Lawyers
The Peoria car accident attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers diligently serve the needs of anyone who has been injured in an auto accident due to the actions of another driver. We believe that you have enough to worry about already, which is why we can assist you in receiving the medical care that you need from qualified specialists while we aggressively pursue the compensation you are entitled to so that you can cover the cost of your care, lost wages, out of pocket expenses and more. We are also happy to answer any questions that you have about your rights and how we are able to maximize the value of your claim.
Peoria Auto Collisions Result in Serious Injuries
Numerous car accidents taking place over the last year alone in Peoria are serving as a warning to us all that our actions can quickly change or take the life of another driver or innocent bystander. One bold example is in the case of a Bradford woman who was killed by a Henry driver who ran a stop sign at the intersection of Route 17 and Route 40. A 15-year-old with a driver’s permit was among those who were injured as he practiced driving with his mother. The mother died of her injuries.
On December 14, 2015 two drivers were killed when their vehicles collided head-on while traveling on US Route 24. Both drivers were wearing their seatbelts and there were no other people involved in the accident. When authorities arrived, both of them had died of numerous injuries resulting from blunt trauma. Upon further investigation, it was revealed that one of the drivers had recently sought medical treatment for dizziness due to a low potassium level, which could have been a factor in the accident.
On January 5, 2016, a three vehicle accident sent three people to the hospital. After running a stop sign, the at-fault driver struck the first vehicle and sent it into the path of another. Two of those who were harmed suffered only minor injuries while the third needed to be airlifted to OSF Saint Francis due to life-threatening injuries. She was listed in critical condition.
The Common Causes of Joliet Auto Accidents
Our Peoria auto injury lawyers handle thousands of cases and have noticed that driver negligence is a factor in the vast majority of collisions. About nine out of every ten accidents are preventable and involve poor decisions, human error or reckless behavior. The most common causes of accidents include the following.
- Driver distraction. As technology continues to become more readily available to more drivers, it is becoming the source of distraction while they are behind the wheel. While we have seen incredible advances in safety technology, this has come at a time when driver distraction is at an all-time high. Texting and talking while driving are serious concerns and often result in drivers leaving their lanes or failing to notice traffic control devices.
- Accidents at intersections. Left turn accidents are extremely common and can result in debilitating or life-ending injuries. Drivers can easily misjudge the distance of oncoming vehicles or their approach speeds and turn into their paths. Accidents inside of intersections also have the potential to become multi-car accidents when one vehicle pushes another into the path of a third vehicle
- Drugs and alcohol. The dangers of alcohol and drug use remain a concern as intoxicated driving continues to be the cause of nearly one-third of all traffic related fatalities each year. The decision to get behind the wheel while under the influence can drastically change your life and cause catastrophic harm to others.
- Driver fatigue. Commercial truck drivers are often overworked and encouraged to log more hours than they are allowed to by law. Fatigue doesn’t just impact commercial drivers, however, and more drivers are taking to the roads while sleep deprived. This lack of rest can affect reaction time and reflexes, increasing the risk that tired drivers have of being involved in an accident.
- Defective vehicles or parts. About one in ten accidents are the result of a mechanical failure that resulted in the loss of vehicle control. When this occurs, the manufacturer of the vehicle or part responsible for the failure may be held liable for injuries to all of the people involved in the incident.
Let Our Lawyers Maximize the Value of Your Joliet Car Accident Case
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers can help you maximize the value of your case if you have been involved in an auto collision. Our team includes professionals in relevant areas of expertise who can help establish the cause of your accident and place an accurate value on the cost of your treatment, economic losses and pain and suffering.
Contact us today to arrange a free consultation with one of our award winning Peoria car accident attorneys and we will review your legal options with you in the setting of your choice. After evaluating your case, we will pursue every avenue available to ensure you receive as much compensation as the law allows. We can also assure you that unless we are able to secure damages on your behalf, our services will not cost you a thing.
For more information on other Illinois cities we serve and the applicable laws, please visit:
Aurora Car Accident Lawyers
Champaign Car Accident Lawyers
Elgin Car Accident Lawyers
Joliet Car Accident Lawyers
Rockford Car Accident Lawyers
Springfield Car Accident Lawyers
Waukegan Car Accident Lawyers