Lawyers for People Injured in Springfield, Illinois Car Accidents
The Springfield car accident attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers represent the victims of auto accidents that are the result of irresponsible or negligent actions taken by other drivers. A car accident can quickly change the lives of every person involved and studies have proven time and again that human error and poor decision making are responsible for the majority of incidents and injuries. If you have suffered injuries and the loss of property because of another’s misdeeds, you should not need to bear an additional financial burden due to the high cost of medical treatment and the wages you’ve lost while unable to return to your work.
Deadly Springfield Auto Accidents
2015 was a year worthy of concern for Springfield drivers, who have witnessed numerous fatal accidents over the course of the year. These accidents serve as solemn reminders that the vehicles we often take for granted are powerful machines that can seriously injure others or take lives. This reminder couldn’t be made any clearer by an accident in September where a 34-year-old Springfield man lost control of his vehicle and struck a tree. His passenger was killed in the accident because she was not wearing a seatbelt and he was taken to Memorial Medical Center with critical injuries.
This incident was similar to another that occurred on December 1, 2015 where a 37-year-old resident lost control and was thrown from his vehicle in the resulting rollover accident. He was crushed beneath the vehicle, which landed on top of him and pronounced dead at the scene of the accident. Had the drivers and passenger in these events been wearing seatbelts, they may have survived.
In November of 2015, a teenager who was riding his horse was struck by a vehicle, proving that other motorists are not the sole victims of negligent driving. He and his horse were struck from behind by a 50-year-old Springfield resident. He was thrown from the horse and struck the driver’s windshield in the accident. The horse was put down while the teenager suffered serious injuries.
Common Injuries Suffered in Car Accidents in Springfield
Our Springfield auto injury lawyers handle cases involving many different types of injuries and losses. We cannot express how important it is to always seek medical attention following a collision because some of the worst injuries remain asymptomatic for weeks or months prior to exhibiting severe symptoms and complications. The common injuries that we encounter on a regular basis include the following.
- Traumatic brain injuries. Any blow to the head can result in micro tears and internal swelling inside the brain that may cause permanent damage if not detected early. Most of the victims of TBIs feel okay initially and develop their symptoms slowly over the following weeks, which can include severe headaches, the inability to concentrate, memory loss, difficulty speaking or communicating, loss of motor function and the development of neurological disorders.
- Internal injuries. Some injuries are obvious while others linger undetected because they show no outward signs or symptoms. Internal bleeding can cause serious damage to internal organs and lead to death if not treated in a timely manner. These injuries can be the result of blunt or piercing trauma and it is important to seek medical attention immediately if you feel dizzy, lightheaded, out of breath or intense pain.
- Broken bones and dislocations. It is common for auto accident victims to suffer fractures or joint dislocations due to the force and pressure that is exerted throughout the course of a collision. These injuries can vary in severity depending upon the location and type of fracture.
- Caused by damage to the nerves, muscles and vertebrae of the neck, whiplash is a serious and debilitating condition that can cause headaches, restrict movement and result in more complex spinal injuries. Most victims of whiplash do not exhibit symptoms right away and feel fine immediately following an accident. Symptoms usually manifest in the following one to two weeks but can be delayed for longer.
- Severe injuries to the spine and back can cause temporary or permanent paralysis and change the victim’s life forever. The cost for caring for someone with paralysis is great and victims who have lost the ability to walk can seek compensation for the change in their lifestyle and ongoing care.
Contact a Springfield Car Accident Law Firm Committed to Your Recovery
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers is a leading personal injury lawyer that puts your needs first. If you have been injured in an accident, our first priority will be to connect you with the medical specialists who can provide the best possible care for your injuries while we focus on the recovery of compensation for the value of your care, lost wages, out of pocket expenses and pain and suffering.
Contact us today to arrange a free consultation with one of our award winning Springfield car accident attorneys. We will review your legal options with you in the setting that you choose and let you know how we can maximize the value of your case and its chances of success. You are assured that we will never ask you for an attorney’s fee unless we are able to secure compensation on your behalf.
For more information on other Illinois cities we serve and the applicable laws, please visit:
Aurora Car Accident Lawyers
Champaign Car Accident Lawyers
Elgin Car Accident Lawyers
Joliet Car Accident Lawyers
Peoria Car Accident Lawyers
Rockford Car Accident Lawyers
Waukegan Car Accident Lawyers