Attorneys for People Injured in Waukegan Car Accidents
The Waukegan car accident attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers aggressively pursue the maximum amount of compensation available by law for the victims of auto accidents caused by other drivers’ irresponsible or reckless decisions. Most car accidents are the fault of one or more drivers involved and up to 90% are completely preventable, which is why you should never be forced to endure a financial burden due to the actions of others. By exploring every avenue available to maximize your compensation, we can ensure that your needs are met and that the party responsible for your injuries is held accountable.
2015 Was a Dangerous Year for Waukegan Drivers
In the last year, Waukegan has witnessed numerous serious accidents which have resulted in debilitating injuries and fatalities. These types of accidents serve as a reminder of how important it is to test every necessary step to ensure we are not endangering the lives of other motorists through our own actions. On February 3, 2015, a 20 year old woman ran a red light and was struck by a snow plow that was entering the intersection. She and the three passengers inside of the vehicle were all hospitalized, proving that your actions can have consequences for those who you care about and are responsible for.
In September, a Waukegan man was killed in a head-on collision with a pickup truck after he entered the opposing lane of traffic. Authorities were unable to determine the exact reason he veered off course and he was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident. The driver of the pickup truck was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The year ended on a solemn note as a Waukegan woman collided with a guardrail on Wadsworth Road for reasons still unknown to authorities. She was the sole person involved in the accident and struck the guard rails on both sides of the road. She was unconscious when first responders arrived and later declared dead upon arriving at the hospital.
Types of Waukegan Auto Accidents Resulting in Serious Injuries
Our Waukegan auto injury lawyers encounter victims who have suffered injuries in accidents with a wide range of causes. Certain situations pose a greater risk to motorists than others and may also result in more serious injuries in the event of an accident. The most common types of accidents can include the following.
- Head-on collisions. These accidents have great potential for catastrophe and are the cause of numerous fatalities and debilitating injuries. When two cars collide head-on, the amount of force exerted on vehicle occupants is compounded due to the near instant deceleration of both vehicles and the kinetic energy displaced from their forward momentum. If the occupants survive, they are likely to have sustained severe injuries that may result in permanent disabilities.
- Drunk driving accidents. When an intoxicated driver is involved in an accident, it is likely to be far more serious than most other accidents. Drunk driving is responsible for almost one-third of all traffic related deaths in the country and this is due to the tendency for drunk drivers to travel at high speeds and strike vehicles head-on or while passing through intersections.
- Commercial trucking accidents. Large trucks are both powerful and heavy— and have the ability to cause devastation when involved in accidents. In many cases, vehicles involved in collisions with semis are crushed, pinned or buried by the truck and emergency responders must race to extract the victims from a mangled mess of metal and debris.
- Accidents at intersections. Left turns are so dangerous that some cities in the United States are implementing the use of traffic circles in their road designs to force drivers to turn right instead. Left turn accidents often result from poor depth perception or the inability of a driver to gauge the speed of an oncoming vehicle correctly.
- Distracted driving accidents. The majority of accidents now involve some form of driver distraction. Texting and talking on the phone while driving makes drivers take their attention off of the road in order to multitask and increases their risk of being involved in accidents. Some of the accidents that result can be catastrophic when the distraction causes the driver to ignore traffic signals or veer out of his or her lane.
Talk to Our Waukegan Auto Accident Attorneys About You Case Today
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers is an award-winning personal injury law firm that has recovered compensation on behalf of thousands of clients who have suffered injuries during car Waukegan accidents. If you have been injured in an auto collision, we can help you recover the compensation you need to cover the cost of your medical care, ongoing rehabilitative therapy, lost wages and incidental costs.
Contact us today to arrange a risk-free consultation and case review with one of our highly qualified and experienced Waukegan car accident attorneys so that we can gather the information we need to build your case and review your legal options with you. If we are unable to secure compensation on your behalf for any reason at all, you are assured that our services will be completely free of charge.
For more information on other Illinois cities we serve and the applicable laws, please visit:
Aurora Car Accident Lawyers
Champaign Car Accident Lawyers
Elgin Car Accident Lawyers
Joliet Car Accident Lawyers
Peoria Car Accident Lawyers
Rockford Car Accident Lawyers
Springfield Car Accident Lawyers